Be a part of our Green Schools
Steps to take
- Read our Information Pack
- Go to the school case studies page to find out how other schools on the Central Coast implement environmental and sustainability education. Please share your projects here!
- Attend Rumbalara environmental education centre's (EEC) Sustainability Leaders Forum scheduled in March each year. Rumbalara can also run a workshop or staff development day.
- Join our Central Coast Environmental Education Network - meets once a term.
- Enrol your school in the 'Integrating the Sustainability Cross Curriculum Priority' professional learning course with Rumbalara. See the professional learning tab at the top of this page for more information.
- Create a bush tucker garden and check out Brisbania Public School's resource
- Access the department's teaching resources for supporting sustainability resources across the curriculum. This includes how to implement project-based learning using the 'Sustainability Action Process', and links to other EECs around the state.
- Sustainable schools website - Join the newsletter group and access more online sustainability education resources and case studies.
- Make contact with other Environmental Educators and providers on the Central Coast - see our contacts list under resources on our website.
Environmental Education Contacts Central Coast
An updated list of all the local people who can help you implement a Sustainability Education project or provide you with environmental information.
Environmental Education Contacts 2023
Rumbalara's curriculum-based audit models involve students in collecting and analysing information, problem-solving and creation of a colourful and dynamic Powerpoint report on a pre-prepared template. Download our simple guides below:
Audit process guides
- water (PDF 1.94MB)
- energy (PDF 2.24MB)
- biodiversity (PDF 2.67MB)
- stormwater (PDF 2.26MB)
- waste (PDF 2.08MB).
- water (PPT 3.76MB)
- energy (PPT 640KB)
- biodiversity (PPT 3.72MB)
- stormwater (PPT 545KB)
- waste (PPT 1.04M).
- Environmental Education Policy (PDF 593KB) - for schools
- Make the Change - A framework for education and engagement for sustainability 2014-2021
- Sustainability Curriculum Framework (PDF 1.18MB) - A guide for curriculum developers and policy makers.