The lives of children today are very different with more screen time and less time spent outdoors.
Schools can help re-connect students by integrating curriculum and outdoor activites. The research below shows that time in nature benefits children intellectual and social devlopment.
- Learning outside (PPTX 1.77MB) - summary of current research and issues
- Every experience matters (PDF 5.87MB) - by Dr Karen Malone
- Climbing Trees PDF 679KB) - Getting Aussie Kids Back Outdoors, by Planet Ark
- The more high-tech schools become, the more they need nature (PDF 332KB) - By Richard Louv
- Walking home from school should be child's play (PDF 140KB) - by Karen Malone.